CMS Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of Position:
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising the implementation, and reporting of all procurement processes based on the program needs and with respect to CMS Supply Chain policies and procedures, the Procurement Coordinator sets the objectives for the Supply Chain department from the procurement point of view within the projected time frame and budget and works towards their implementation. The Procurement Coordinator reports to the supply chain manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the procurement personnel and all activities of the Procurement.
- Must ensure the Donor's procurement regulation before initiating any procurement and review RFQ very carefully before sending it to approved vendors.
- Ensure that procurement plans for projects are in place with the procurement and program focal points at the beginning of the project.
- Following and enforcing CMS’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Draft and develop tender documentation in consultation with stakeholders including suppliers to ensure requirements are understood and available.
- Must ensure the transparency of Procurement especially the management of bidding and receiving of Quotations process.
- Conduct regular visits to the field to ensure appropriate follow-up for the procurement processes.
- Prepare Notes to files, and waivers as needed in coordination with the program team.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Project Procurement is completed in an accurate and timely manner with project objectives achieved
- Ensure that all project documentation complies with CMS’s policy before submission to the finance department.
- Managing MS- team drive and Follow-up with the procurement team to ensure that documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that all original documents are in place and replaced with copies on monthly biases.
- the new staff is given induction training in procurement processes and systems at a level suitable for their role.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Take ownership of personal capacity-building, ensuring a plan is in place and agreed upon with the Head of Office in order to build on areas of growth.
- Help team members complete tasks in a manner that is efficient, consistent, and aligns with the organization’s overarching strategic goals.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Administration/ Other related.
The position requires a minimum professional experience of 3 years in the same field.
- Technical and professional skills acquired through mid/long term experience.
- Good knowledge of procurement management, and regulations of relevant donors and/or funding agencies.
- Good knowledge of management and execution of procurement procedures.
- Good knowledge of the status of development and the social context of the Country in general.
- Excellent Microsoft Applications Skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
CMS is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the CMS Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form in the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted